St Bartholomew’s Church is located in the lovely Village of New Edinburgh and is situated across the street from Rideau Hall, the official residence of Canada’s Governors General. The light and airy Parish Hall has access to the church gardens, and the grounds of Rideau Hall provide wedding photographers exceptional backdrops of manicured grounds and large mature trees. The Parish Hall provides an affordable, unique and customizable space for your special day. As well as wedding receptions, our hall has been used by motion picture companies, for polling stations, conferences, community association meetings, and many other events. Rental Policy and Booking Information
ChurchCapacity: 200 app.
Parish HallArea: 1600 sq ft app.
Dimensions: 40' x 40'
Ceiling Height: 14’
Capacity: 200 *
*Actual capacity will vary depending on the event and configuration There are numerous set-up options for the Parish Hall. We are happy to work with each client to ensure the hall meets their needs.
Olive Branch RoomArea: 80 sq. ft
Dimensions: 8' x 10'
Ceiling Height: 14 ft
Choir RoomArea: 200 sq. ft
Dimensions: 15' x 10'
Ceiling Height: 14 ft
KitchenThe hall has a fully equiped kitchen for catering use.
~Rental Policy and Booking Information
- Rates and Availability: Information on rental of the Church and Hall is available from the Church’s Office Administrator. She can provide details on rates, availability and policies not addressed below.
- Renter is responsible for arranging and paying for Curatorial Staff to be present. Office Administrator will provide contact details.
- Full payment is due upon signing. Payment can be made by cheque payable to St. Bartholomew’s.
- Renter is responsible for set up and clean up and any associated costs.
- Church events take precedence
- Insurance: Renters must carry liability insurance of $2 million. Application and details are available on the Diocese website.
- Light use is permissible. Any dishes are to be stacked in dishwasher but only Church Staff are to run dishwasher.
- Caterers may be hired with permission of the Church and submission of name of Caterer to Church Administrator two weeks in advance of event. Church Administrator can provide names of acceptable caterers.
- Renters are to provide own equipment such as flip charts, audio visual equipment, screens and projectors.
- Piano: Renter is responsible for arranging with the Office Administrator for Piano tuning if required.
- Liquor Licence: Renter is responsible for obtaining LCBO permit (Special Occasion Permit only) and displaying it during an event.
- Capacity of the Hall is 125 for seated event, 200 standing.
- St. Bartholomew’s is in a residential neighbourhood and we must respect our neighbours. Events should end by 11:00 P.M.
- Church events take precedence over any other events.
- Metal/upholstered chairs (96+)
- Metal chairs (20)
- Board table for 18-20 persons
- 6' rectangular tables (36)
- Card tables (10)
- Coatracks (2) and wooden hangers
- Wifi access
- Access to kitchen. Groups are requested to bring any items needed for catering or to contact outside caterers. A list of caterers familiar with St Bart’s is available. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photocopies: 20 cents per white and black copy; 30 cents per colour copy
- Yamaha upright piano in the parish hall: A $150.00 damage deposit is required.
- Please contact a rental company to provide appropriate tables, chairs, cutlery, linens etc.
- Party rental companies must contact the church at least 3 weeks in advance to arrange delivery and pick-up.
Proof of insurance is required for all events. This may be available through your insurer or may be purchased from the Diocese of Ottawa insurers.
Contact PBL Insurance Ltd. at 613-746-4383. Proof of insurance must be provided to The Church of St Bartholomew upon signing. Alcohol & Special Occasion Permit St Bartholomew’s is not a licensed venue. A Special Occasion Permits (SOP) must be purchased through the LCBO. Please allow sufficient time for processing. Once you have obtained the SOP you may then purchase the alcohol to be served at your event. Your caterer can also assist with the acquisition of the SOP; the caterer may also purchase alcohol on your behalf. The original SOP as well as all receipts for the alcohol must be posted onsite on the date of your event.